Thursday, April 17, 2008

Grilling and Cooking

“Real men cook!” and they especially seem to enjoy outdoor grilling, barbecuing, etc.

My brother-in-law and his hunting buddy love to go wild turkey hunting and I think they each now have their own Turkey Fryer.*

One of my favorite stories about men cooking outdoors was the story that my friend John tells. He was visiting family in Montana a number of years ago and they didn’t have a barbecue or grill. He really wanted to cook outside, so borrowed an oven rack, used some old bricks and stones to make a base, put in some charcoal and they “cooked out.” The next year when they went to visit, guess where the oven rack was? Still out there being used as an outdoor grill. Course, can't say I blame them. There's nothin' better than a hamburger cooked outside on a barbecue.

*Want to know more about the “why”s and “how to”s of turkey frying? Check out this page from fabulousfoods.com.